Oxford United are a historic English Football Club currently competing in League One in the English Football League. The club have a success and proud past to which it continues to celebrate.
Oxford United has worked with many different clothing providers including some of the biggest brands in sport. However, the club were often left frustrated at being offered ‘template designs’ and no input into the design of their match and training wear, something vital to a club’s identity and their commercial opportunities.
The White Label Solution offered its services enabling the club to recreate their 1986 Milk Cup winning shirt with modern fabrics and finishes celebrating their past successes as well as offering a shirt that supporters wanted to buy.
The shirt was been tremendously successful outselling all expectations meaning the club ordering 30% more shirts in the lead up to Christmas sales.
The new partnership has also allowed the club to design their own training wear range tailored to the needs of the players and management team.
• Standardised template designs offered by previous suppliers
• A lack of link to the club, it’s history and philosophy, in the kits
• Club had little or no control over the choice, design and availability of products
• A bespoke kit based on the 1986 Milk Cup winning shirt with a modern twist
• Training wear range suited to the club in its colours which were both loved by players and fans alike
• Large emergency stock replenishment for the FA Trophy Final
• Sales of shirts on previous year doubled and have continued to increase into this year
• Increased supporter engagement through the design process and release of kits
• Voted 3rd best kit in the world by the Bleacher Report
“It has been an absolute pleasure working with Vision Outsourcing on two major projects at both Bristol City and Oxford United football clubs. Having made the decision to take total control of our kit design and manufacture, Vision Outsourcing proved to be the perfect partner.
“Their expertise and knowledge in the industry is second to none, they communicate honestly and effectively and most importantly produced some memorable kits. I can’t recommend them highly enough and hope to work with them again in the future.”
Kevin Smith, Director, The Football People Ltd